09 September 2008

My favorite time...

My favorite time of the day is right before Colton goes to bed. As we're getting ready to go to bed he'll tell me he wants to rock... how can I say 'no'? So in his room we rock in the rocking chair and I really try and just live in the moment and not think about anything else but being right there with him. I know soon enough he'll be too big to rock or want to be rocked or just be held in that way. We whisper to each other, 'Love you' and 'Love you more' again and again until he starts to giggle. He tries to close his eyes and go 'night, night, sleep' as he would say, but I know he won't fall asleep in my arms. Usually we just look at each other as we share this little special time together. As much as I would love to rock him all night, I tear myself up from the chair after a few minutes, rock him a few more times standing up and we whisper our 'loves you' again, give him a few more kisses and lay him down to go, 'night, night, sleep'.

0 comments: