24 June 2008

So Sweet...

So last Friday I had another episode with our beloved dog, Champ. Chuck had put him in the kennel outside and it was just too hot for him.... When I got home he was wheezing heavily, coughing and I immediately put in downstairs where it's cool... I was upset with Chuck for putting him outside and scared because he was struggling to breathe. To get to the sweet part of the story, after Colton woke up from his nap, I was crying about Champ because I was upset that he's sick and that we're on borrowed time with him. Cole came up and said, 'You crying' and I told him Mommy was sad about Champ... he gave me a big hug and then took his blankie and wiped away my tears. He sat with me a minute or two and gave me another hug. He doesn't like it when people cry and he's very empathic when he sees someone sad.... always giving kisses or hugs. Another sweet moment was earlier last month when Chuck brought home Champ from his first vet visit when we found out that he was sick... Colton and I were sitting on one end of the couch and Champ was on the other... Cole got off the couch went over to Champ and gave him a hug and a kiss and said 'Love you'... all done without any prompting from us. Chuck and I both witnessed this... somehow Cole just knew.... These are memories I don't want to forget... my sweet boy....

0 comments: