07 July 2008

Nice weekend

Our weekend consisted of.... Friday morning we went and saw the new baby and bought fireworks, later in the afternoon my parents, my uncle, and brother and sister and nephew came out and we shot a few fireworks and had burgers on the grill. Everytime fireworks we're going to be lit, Cole would put up both had and say 'Watch out.' Chuck's brother and his wife came out in the evening to help us shoot fireworks for Colton... only he was in bed by 8:45 pm. I even had him take a really late afternoon nap and he still was tired at bedtime. Must have been all that running around playing outside that worn him out. Saturday we relaxed at home and we all took a nice long afternoon nap. Sunday we went to the Chahinkapa Zoo in Wahpeton. I had forgotten all about it and my sister mentioned going there and we thought it would be fun. It's such a better zoo than what Fargo has and Cole loved all the animals. He especially liked the ducks and feeding them. Chuck and I liked the monkeys (Cole did too). He now likes to make the monkey sound! It was such a hot morning/day and we stayed for about and hour and a half, went to out to eat and came home and watched a movie while Cole finished the rest of his afternoon nap. It was a really nice day and and a really nice weekend. Hopefully next year (as I had planned to do this year) we'll go the the MN Zoo.

0 comments: