18 July 2008

SOLD

Our house is sold... we're just waiting for the pre-approval letter and an official purchase agreement. While this is exciting news, it's bittersweet. We have so many wonderful memories at that house... it's first house we bought together, bringing Colton home, playing with the dogs, 4-wheeling and having two of our precious dogs go on to their next life all in the short 3 1/2 years we've lived here. We like to think Champ played a part in getting it sold. We haven't had anyone interested in it for months and Sunday the couple looked at it and last night they came back and gave us on offer. I think sort of Champ's way of telling us he's moved on and so can we... he wanted to be at the farm for as long as he could and made us stay until it was time.

So thank you, Champ.... just another sign we know you're watching over us. You've been gone a week exactly this morning and it's still hard to believe. I cry for you everyone morning... You made us better people. You taught me how to love and be loved in a special way I never knew. Part of me feels no matter what I write, I could never put into words or convey to others what an amazing dog you were... I cannot do you justice in words, Champ and I wish I could. Only Chuck and I know in our hearts just how special you were and you don't realize the impact you had on our lives. You and your 'dad' had a special bond... as he says, he could look in you eyes and know what you were thinking and you knew what he was thinking when you looked into his. You were one of a kind and we miss you terribly, Champers. This place on the farm, will always be your home....

Thank you to whoever for listening to my thoughts and feelings... part of me feels like they're just too private to share and it makes me feel terribly vulnerable and the other part says it's ok to let it all out there. So... thank you.

0 comments: