21 October 2008

Big Boy

Colton fell asleep in his toddler bed last night... yah! I would have taken a picture, but both my cameras were in the car. He ran into his room and right to his bed, wanted his blankie and that was it. I left the room thinking for sure he was going to get up.... Five minutes later he was snoring away. I didn't leave him in the bed because I haven't brought the gate upstairs to keep him in his room if/when he woke up in the middle of the night. (I don't want him getting too far and starting wandering around downstairs...) The whole transition to the bed makes me nervous... I like that his crib confines him into one space during the night. He tosses and turns so much I know he'll be falling out of the bed, too. Anyway, this was a start, now we just have to get that darn pacifier away from him. We were doing so well for awhile and we seem to have gone backwards in our efforts.


The Escalade came just in time... while the car sat at the shop, many notice it was leaking transmission fluid and oil. Turns out, the car had a bad seal and if I had continued to drive it, I would have probably seized up the motor.... Never noticed any leaking before, although it's really difficult when you park on gravel... divine intervention....

What's new with Colton:

  • Names all the kids in his daycare.
  • He asks me, What's your name? and What's your name, Mommy?
  • Notorious for saying, 'Okay, Mommy' when asked or told to do something, but it's a 50/50 chance he'll actually comply.
  • Now calls is pacifier his 'Paci'... he always had some other sort of weird name for it and we've never called it his 'paci'.
  • Gets through most of the ABC's with help.
  • Loves shapes and colors and playing with is playdough. Circles, triangles and diamonds are his favorite.
  • Building 'towers' with his blocks.
  • Counts to 13.. the rest of the numbers after that are just teen, teen, teen
  • Sat on Mommy's lap and listened to a WHOLE story for the first time.

0 comments: