16 October 2008

Dogs





Chuck took Morgan and Jackson into the vet today to get checked out. Morgan's been limping on her back leg... the same leg that's always been a little bit of a problem all her life. She apparently has bone spurs on her back joint and will be having surgery soon to remove them. Hopefully this will fix the problem. She probably won't hunt this year and will never be able to hunt hard like she used to after this. Jackson... he's been limping and showing signs of immobility in his legs... from the little information Chuck could tell me, his hips are bad, really bad. The vet said if we think he in pain (which we do), multiply it by 10 and that's what pain he's actually feeling. This is the news we were sort of anticipating, but the reality of it sucks. I don't know how winter is going to treat him as the cold weather will make him more stiff. I sort of think maybe this is the reason while we're still in this house.... Chuck and I were very concerned about moving Jackson into town because he so dearly loved living out in the country.... I don't want to think of what is inevitable, it's just too soon after Champ's passing. I'll find out more information from Chuck when I get home tonight. He was too distraught to tell me anything more.

0 comments: